DESIGNED BY DONNIE THOMPSON
Manufactured in the USA, the Thompson Fat Pad™ by Rogue is the proper bench pad to maximize power and minimize injury. This oversized bench pad measures 50” L x 14.5” W x 4.5” H (about twice the thickness and 2.5” wider than a standard pad), and is designed to bolt onto any flat Rogue weight bench. It also includes a plywood bottom that enables it to be mounted to most other benches, as well.*
*Drilling and additional hardware may be required if you are mounting to a non-Rogue product.
Powerlifting legend Donnie Thompson (checkout his bio below!) invested seven years of research into creating the Fat Pad™, with each design choice offering a new slate of potential benefits to the lifter . . .
Key Benefits of the Thompson Fat Pad's Added Thickness & Width:
- Promote Scapular Movement - uninhibited movement also helps to eliminate AC tears
- Eliminate Shoulder Hangover
- Optimize Back and Upper Body Positioning
- Increase Mechanic Leverages
- Very little to NO Translational Loading
- Common Pec Tweaks are a thing of the past!
- Angry Humeral Wear on the bicep tendon and soft tissue GONE!
The Fat Pad has been a 5-star product for years based on Rogue customer reviews (viewable below). It’s available here with a black “grabber’ vinyl cover.
- Made in the USA
- Created by Donnie Thompson
- Dimensions: 50” Long x 14.5” Wide x 4.5” Thick
- Compatible with all Rogue Flat Benches and many other benches
- Color: Black
Donnie Thompson Bio
In 1998, Donnie started competitive powerlifting. He is the first human to ever total 3,000 LBS, and posted 8 all-time World Records in Professional Powerlifting (3 Bench Press records, 2 Squat records, and 3 Total records). He is currently the Strength and Mobility Director for 22 physical therapy clinics throughout South Carolina, and travels to many universities and high schools around the country; teaching and sharing his Powerlifting, Kettlebell training, and Mobility work methods and experiences with football teams and coaches.
"I have had zero shoulder injuries in my weight room since I have been using your Fat Pads. Not only do they work great, these big athletes like the comfort of them when they bench. They hate going home and using their old benches!"
- Joey Batson, Head Strength & Conditioning Coach - Clemson University Football